We are loving our Hearty Eggplant Curry Recipe, and you will too!
Snag your bag of SmartRice and make this dish today!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger, or fresh
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (you can sub for tofu)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can coconut milk (we used lite but full fat is creamier)
- 1 – 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Dash of paprika, turmeric, pepper, cayenne
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cups SmartRice
- Cook your Smart Rice according to the directions on the bag when you begin your curry, so it’s done at the same time!
- Start by heating up your oil in a pan. Add in diced onion and cook on medium heat until golden. Add garlic & ginger then cook for one minute.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper, and chickpeas (or tofu).
- Add canned tomatoes, coconut milk, and spices.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Assemble your SmartRice and curry. Top with freshly squeezed lime if you desire. Enjoy!
*Note: add veggie stock while cooking if curry needs a little more liquid!