SmartRice - Long Grain Brown Rice - Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Grown in the USA, 2lbs.
- FREE SHIPPING
- Estimated delivery within 1-3 working days
- MADE IN the USA: This rice is grown locally, feeding 20% more people per farm/field, using 50%+ less water, and emitting 50%+ less greenhouse gases than traditional rice making it the smartest food choice.
- Gluten Free: SmartRice is a great option for people who are sensitive to or allergic to gluten, a protein usually found in wheat, barley, and rye, and for people who have allergies or are trying to avoid gluten.
- NON GMO: SmartRice is produced without genetic engineering and its ingredients are not derived from GMOs.
- 100% Whole Grain: SmartRice contains all the essential parts and naturally occurring nutrients of the entire grain seed in their original proportions.
- PER SERVING: 0mg Calcium, 1mg Iron, 0mg Sodium
- SmartRice® Sustainability Claims are verified by SCS Global Services.
A gluten-free diet is essential for managing signs and symptoms of celiac disease and other medical conditions associated with gluten.
Considering that rice production must increase by 25% over the next 25 years to meet the ever-increasing global demand for the grain, rice farmers the world over need to adopt sustainable best practices.
SmartRice long-grain rice is one of the best on the market, as it's certified organic, certified gluten-free, and non-GMO verified. It's also free of any additives and contains only one ingredient — organic long.
At SmartRice®, we are committed to creating a better future for our world by pioneering how rice is grown in a more sustainable, traceable way. Through our streamlined processes and innovative technology, we are able to deliver US-grown rice with significantly less water, land and input usage, higher output and lower greenhouse emissions compared to most rice products on the market. Best of all, these increased efficiencies allow us to deliver it from the farm to our customers at a fair price, so you can feel rewarded for making a smarter choice. During the winter, our rice fields are flooded to create a waterfowl-friendly habitat – part of our greater commitment to responsible agriculture.
> In a 2-quart saucepan, combine 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt (optional), and 1 tbsp oil or margarine (optional).
> Stir lightly, bring to a rolling boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
> Remove from heat and allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.